02 March 2013

Nothing Will Do ... Except Chicken Soup

Today is just one of those days! Fresh out of bed, I stubbed my toe on the door jamb. Snapped at the dogs when they came in from the back yard, shaking damp all over my bare legs (like they listened!). Brushed a knot the size of small bird's nest into my hair and then stood before the mirror, contemplating hacking the whole mess off rather than patiently combing the tangle out. Thank God, reason prevailed. And finally, accidentally flipped a whole piece of perfectly buttered and jam slathered toast face down on the kitchen floor. All this before 10AM ... I ask you, what's a girl to do?

Retreat, retrench, retaliate? Refresh! Why can't we just hit a 'refresh' icon when our days start out in the dump? My way of stepping away from the drama is to put my head down and muddle through some mindless housework ... there is nothing like slamming a vacuum around the house at top roar, throwing laundry in the machine, weeding through old mail and magazines, and decluttering life to help me get a grip on a bad mood! And by lunchtime, I was ready for the ultimate comfort food ...


There. All better. I feel good enough to look up at the world and smile - a little. My toe still hurts. Damn it!

11 comments:

  1. Yikes, when it rains it pours! I think the soup is restorative too! Have a good one, and good grief, be careful! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate days like that. I know its going to be a bad day when I pour my last cup of coffee from the pot and I spill it. There is something about that last cup of coffee that I really enjoy. Well, at least you feel better now. Chicken soup cures what ails you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sight would make anyone feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like they say "some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed"....that is unless you have some yummy chicken soup like that to look forward to.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken soup always works for me!! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup would make even the Grinch smile: It looks homely and delicious and has my name on it. I'd love a bowl. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ask you: Why does buttered toast always fall on the floor with the buttered side facing down? So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, comfort! I could have used a bowl of this soup this week. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry. This made me laugh. Just a little. OK, quite a lot. Even leaked a tear or two. By the way, is that thin spaghetti you used for noodles? Love thin noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those tiny noodles are a German product ... not spaghetti ... way thinner than spaghetti. Riesa egg pasta ...see the link for more info.

      http://www.teigwaren-riesa.com/en/products

      Delete
  10. PS ... Glad to be of service in the humor department! Wink! I can laugh now, but nope, not the other morning!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please be aware that due to spamming concerns, I must be able to track back. Use your Google account ID to comment.